My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Knot Nice

As I am sure most of you have noticed, there is no shortage of nautical rope and knots on the pages of your favorite catalogs and web sites this spring. From headbands, necklaces and belts to shirts with rope prints, it is everywhere. While it may be trendy to wear, and while nautical knots and rope aren't exactly commonplace in most house, they are still a pretty classic element in coastal decor. Here are a few of my favorite items to incorporate it into your decor whether you are living in the city or sitting by the seaside.
If you are ready to make a commitment to this style, you can't go wrong with Jonathan Adler's Rope Wallpaper .

Or you can go for a more subtle look with the Ralph Lauren Lautrec Silver Rope Frame .

This pillow from Dransfield & Ross' Flagship Collection is always there to help when you forgot how to tie that essential knot.
Add just a small touch of knotwork or transform a dresser or cabinet by changing out the existing knobs with Anthropologie's Coiled Rope Knobs .
This Rope Towel Ring from Stonk Knots in the UK is a perfect touch for a nautical loo.


Let the sea breezes in with the Marseille Knot Door Stopper from Two's Company.

Or protect your table with these Rope Coasters by Shelling Sailfish on Etsy.

Nothing makes me happier than uncommon uses for common products, and I love these hanging beds featured in Coastal Living .

Another great ucommon use is as a banister railing like this installation by Outhwaite Ropemakers...I'm thinking of doing this one in my house.

They make a great tieback as well like this application from Stonk Knots .

Or you can do it yourself like I did here in with the curtains in my son's room. I simply went to my local nautical supply store and bought two cleats and the appropriate amount of rope (very inexpensive, by the way), ran the rope through the rod pocket and looped around the cleat to hold it securely. I also plan to put rope up as molding in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment