My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Freshly Picked Flatware

I have been a busy bee for the past few days crafting away for my daughter's first birthday party on Saturday. I was going to wait to show you everything on Monday, but I thought this one might be useful to some of you who have events this weekend. It's very simple and cute. You just have to promise me that you won't put plastic flatware and napkins on your holiday table and will only save it for more casual gatherings or the kiddie table.
I found the directions to make these carrot flatware bundles at Disney Family Fun. Luckily, I actually had the green flatware from a previous party so the hardest part was finding the orange napkins which I finally found at Walmart. You'll need at least luncheon size napkins, though I think dinner napkins would be even better. I suppose you could use a different color flatware, but I like the way the flatware kind of disappears into the background. The flatware and plates should at least be the same color so that it doesn't stand out so much. It took me about 30 minutes to make 30 sets of them so not too bad and since I would have been wrapping the flatware with a ribbon anyway it really wasn't any extra time spent. Plus, now I have a nice fresh picked basket of carrots for my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment