My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Monday, March 29, 2010

Etsy Pick of the Week: Kitchen Towels

I know a lot of people think it's silly to spend a little extra money on things that are used for utilitarian purposes around the house, but one of my top design rules is that if you look at it all day or use it every day it should be both good quality and good looking. Certainly, one of those things is kitchen towels. It's possible that I may be a little too drawn to them when most people could care less what they look like, but at 23 years old I started working at the now defunct catalog and retail store Rue de France at which we carried the gorgeous Le Jacquard Francais linens and the kitchen towels (or tea towels as they are so referred to) were clearly the most affordable way to bring these beautiful linens into my house...not to say that I didn't convince myself that I needed other table linens as well as the years went on. Anyway, I digress, but the point being that kitchen towels are a perfect way to add a little color and personality to your kitchen without spending a fortune, and Etsy has an incredibly beautiful selection of screened and blockprinted towels. I love the colors of the kitchen utiensil (above) and rooster kitchen towels by House of Bouton and you can tell just from their photography and packaging that these people know what they are doing.
Pony and Poppy's kitchen towel designs are more simple, but equally as lovely. They also have some really cute citrus print towels.
And never one to pass up anything with sea life, I couldn't not include this Whale Kitchen Towel by Enormous Champion...really amazing artwork.
And this goldfish and seaweed kitchen towel by Oh Little Rabbit has incredible detail and great colors.
In addition to being great for yourself, any of these would be great great hostess, housewarming or bridal shower gifts. If you have to do the dishes you might as well do them with style!

No comments:

Post a Comment