My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irish Spotlight: Simon Pearce

While the internet is awash in green today, I decided to take a look at my favorite Irish home accessories designer instead of my favorite green rooms today. (Note: I couldn't not do an Irish post today. One of the hardest things I've ever done is change my last name from O'Neill to Fernandez after I got married, and I still don't understand why my husband wouldn't compromise and go with O'Fernandez.) Glassblower Simon Pearce opened his first workshop in Kilkenny, Ireland in 1971, and in 1981 he moved his operations to an old mill building that he restored in Quechee, VT. If you have ever been to his store/restaurant and glassblowing workshop, you know what a treat it is, and if you haven't, I urge you to make the trek. He has expanded his operations and you can get the same experience in his West Chester, PA location or check out his large manufacturing locations in Windsor, VT or Mt. Lake Park, MD. Unlike most glassware, all of his pieces are still made using centuries old glassblowing techniques.
Woodbury Vases
His designs are so simple, yet so elegant that they easily translate from daily use to formal entertaining effortlessly
Hartland Stemware
The collection includes everything from lamps and votives, to vases, cakeplates, barware and even pottery.

Oven-to-Table Pie Dishes
They also now offer oven-to-table bakeware which I'd like to get my hands on. His pieces aren't inexpensive, but they are worth every penny. They also make wonderful wedding gifts! And now through April 4th, they are having a special on dinnerware-buy any 4 piece placesetting and receive a soup or cereal bowl for free.

Belmont Dinnerware
In addition to his own designs, the Simon Pearce stores and web site also feature beautiful wood cutting boards, woven linens, and other artisanal items.
Happy St. Patrick's Day and here's to all things Irish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment