My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Friday, September 3, 2010

First Chateau & Bungalow Designed Fabric Swatch!

As I mentioned a long time ago, I've been trying to teach myself how to design fabrics in a program called Inkscape. Actually, I spent quite a bit of time on it a few months ago, and then haven't really looked at it again. Conceptually, I'm pretty confident in my ideas, but actually figuring out how to make the designs transfer technically on the right scale and with the right lines isn't quite as easy to teach myself. But I finally got my act together and ordered a swatch (8" x 8") of one of them from Spoonflower. Well actually it's the only one that I thought was finished up enough to warrant it. I see some things that I'd like to tidy up on the pattern before I would print more of it, but overall I'm pretty happy with it for a first go at fabric design. I know pink isn't everyone's favorite, but I'm a pretty big fan and thought this could be cute in my daughter's room. Anyhow, I'd really love to hear what you all think of it, postive or negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment