My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jill Malek Wallpaper

I was recently introduced to the amazing wallpapers of Jill Malek by Michael Valvo of Design Newport (I sat down with he and his business partner, Stella Martin, this past weekend for an interview for Newport Patch which I'll be sharing with you soon). Malek is a talented artist who creates staitionery, packaging, and textiles as well as hand-screened wallpaper, my personal favorite of her works. The gold fish on a red background, also known as the Betta print, is stunning both graphically and texturally. It would be fabulous in an entry or a dining room.

I also love the Anemone Wallpaper which has a subtle quality to it, but is still so visually exciting. I would love this in a living room or bedroom.

And there is something calming about the use of gingko leaves for the Maidenhair Wallpaper even though they are placed in a somewhat chaotic fashion. This screams bedroom to me. It seems that people of my generation still think wallpaper is so stuffy and something our grandmothers did or our mothers did when they were in a phase. I'd say that I used to think that way too, but there are so many unbelievably gorgeous wallpapers out there. We have become such a society of needing instant gratification, and while paint is easy to re-do when you get bored of the color, these great wallpapers show that you can commit to your style and I don't think you'll regret it. If you still have cold feet, you can even send Malek an image of your room, and they'll do a rendering of what it will look like in your space for only $15. Go on, take the plunge!

1 comment: