My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sneak Peak: Firetruck Birthday Party

This Sunday is my son's 4th birthday party, and much to my dismay he has requested a repeat of all things fireman, firetruck, firehouse like we did last year. Last year I set the bar a little too high by building a 3D firetruck cake and so it looks like I am going to be tackling the same project again this year. Of course, I actually believe that my cake decorating skills have gotten a lot better (because of the one other cake I baked for my daughter's first birthday party) so I am now expecting this year's firetruck cake to be lightyears better than last year's cake. Oh, and he wants cupcakes too, of course. I've also starting following some blogs of event planners and dessert tables seem to be the big thing right now so since we've just invited everyone for cake and ice cream, I thought I'd give one a try. So far, I've created the little firetruck logo (above) that I'm going to use on the displays and favors. Yup, that's as far as I've gotten and the party is a mere 3 days away....so I thought I'd look for a little more inspiration.
There is little doubt that the queen or master or designer extraordinaire of dessert tables is Manhattan based designer Amy Atlas of Amy Atlas Events. I love the bright colors of her candy shop themed table above.

Another event planner who is making waves in the dessert table arena is Kim Stoegbauer of TomKat Studio who also happens to have an Etsy shop where she sells downloadable invitations, cupcake picks, and more. Above is her Fairy Garden Theme table.

And lastly, but certainly not least, is the adorable Pink Tricycle theme party by Stephanie Frazier Grimm of Couture Parties. Stephanie also gives you a head start by selling Get the Party Started Packs in 14 different themes which include plates, cups, silverware, favor bags and cupcake picks in whatever theme you choose.
Since I always insist on making things as difficult as possible for myself, I will be starting from scratch in coming up with a way to make my dessert table presentable. There is a pretty good chance that it won't hold a candle to any of these ones, but my son will still think it's pretty cool. Check back Monday to see how it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment