My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Friday, January 28, 2011

D.I.Y. Lampshades With the Lampshade Lady

I keep thinking that I'm going to make my own lampshade for a dining room project I've had on the brain for some time now, but I hadn't quite figured out how to do it. Well, I have no excuse anymore. Lampshade Lady Judy Lake of Lake's Lamps in Pawlet, VT has come out with a new book called "The Lampshade Lady's Guide to Lighting up Your Life", making it easy to create your own masterpiece. But what's even better is that you can get many of her tutorials for free online. Last week, the Hartford Courant ran a step by step guide to making your own drum shade courtesy of the Lampshade Lady. Lake's own blog also features many tutorials and she offers in shop classes as well. But if you aren't the D.I.Y. type, Lake can also custom make lampshades for you using your own cotton or linen fabric or postcards. She can even make shades out of sentimental items such as a favorite shirt or your grandmother's scarf. If you are in Vermont, you may want to stop by and pick out your own fabric and trims from the many options she has to offer in her store. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment