My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Envy Inducing Chaos that is 9 By Design

I just finished catching up on last night's episode of 9 By Design on Bravo. Have you been watching it? It's the reality series featuring Cortney and Robert Novogratz, their 7 children, and their amazing design business, Sixx Design. Every time I watch it I think that they are crazy and that I could never live the way they do. They are famous for buying up completely dilapitated buildings in New York City and turning them into stunning buildings that are pieces of art in and of themselves besides being beautifully decorated and that sell for tens of millions of dollars. But after thinking they are crazy I get envious of their fearlessness. I'm not even sure that's the right word, but you can often sense Cortney's trepidation about putting the house on the market (again!) or leaving her new baby behind while she goes to London for a few days, and then within moments she gets right on board with whatever the idea may be. They do make mistakes (like booking the location for their book launch in London for the wrong date), but they do things themselves and they don't pretend to be perfect which makes them even more likeable. I think I tend to overthink things way too much and then I feel like nothing gets accomplished. So I think it's time to stop thinking and start doing. How I'm not exactly sure, but I'm not going to think about that. If you are doing then things are happening that will lead to new things. Sure, the Novogratz family has some help with the kids, but they are very hands on with their children and at the end of every episode you have seen a fabulous design, can feel the love in their family, and can see that there is more adventure on the horizon. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out on Bravo on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment