My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Brimfield Report

My first trip to the Brimfield Antique Show on Friday was a great experience. We barely even scratched the surface of what was there. I think we visited 6 or 7 of the 23 fields that were open, but it gave me a good sense of what you can find there (just about anything you can dream of). Some of the booths were very well styled (above) and some were literally just boxes and boxes of what many would consider junk (but if someone will buy it then there is still value to it).
My partners in crime were my husband and 1 yr old daughter. The stroller was helpful in carrying our goods, but I think the people pulling wagons were the smartest so if you go keep that in mind. Sometimes even the smallest things are heavy.


Vintage Fiestaware
When I say you can literally find anything there, I mean it. Here are some of the higher end items that caught my eye.

Beautiful Sleigh Daybed
Vintage Stove

I love antique washstands. I actually have one sitting in my garage just waiting for our downstairs bath to be redone. They are great space savers because they tend to be smaller than modern day vanities and they are generally much better quality than your average modern vanity too.
Loved all the vintage letters and symbols in this booth.

When I first saw this booth, I thought what a bunch of junk. Some of the instruments and equipment were literally snapped in half, but then I became totally inspired by them. If you wanted to do a sports or music themed room for your child, I would much rather see vintage baseball bats or hockey sticks on the wall than a baseball or hockey wallpaper border. The instruments could easily be spray painted in fun colors to hide the damage to them. The items can still have a great life as decor even if they aren't otherwise functional.

Some of the items were new products and not antiques which I have mixed feeling about.

A selection of glass door knobs. There were actually some incredibly beautiful doors that we saw too.

Some of the items were really random and I wasn't sure what on earth I would do with them, but I thought they were kind of silly all in a bucket together. Perhaps garden decor?

And there were many many things that were modern and didn't have that antique feel so even if antiques aren't your thing, you will still likely find things you love. We actually only spent about 3 hours at the show and I would have loved to have spent some more time looking at some of the silver and dishware. There was oodles of it and it was a great place to pick up a little silver salt and pepper set or candlesticks.
I did not actually find any of the items I went in search of, but have no fear, I didn't come home empty handed. I'll share my purchase with you once I get it put in place. I broke my own rules and didn't grab anything until I was done looking. I missed out on one of the things I went back for because the vendor had left already, and I almost didn't get the other items either because someone else had scooped all but five of them up just as I got back to the booth, but I am happy with my purchase.
The next show is July 13-18th so mark your calendars now if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment