My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brimfield Opening Day!

Today is the opening day of the Brimfield Antique Show in Brimfield, MA. I have always wanted to go and this year I finally am! Nothing is going to stop me. We are planning on going Friday which is supposed to be a little rainy and we will have at least onechild in tow, but I don't care. This is supposed to be the show of all shows. Their web site says that if you can't find what you're looking for then you probably aren't ever going to find it. There are 23 different fields which are run by different promoters and over 5,000 vendors that show their goods. I am looking for a chandelier for my dining room, a child's chair that can be reupholstered in some beautiful Beatrix Potter fabric that my mother is holding onto for the kids, and any cool vintage fabrics that I can find. Of course, I imagine I might find some other things too and will spend much of the day convincing my husband why I need to have those things or sending him off to look for something else while I snatch up what I want. I will of course let you all know what I find. If you are going to go be sure to check out the Brimfield Antique Show web site and the listing of all the show hours since not all fields are open every day and the hours vary by field. And remember to bring comfy shoes and that you'll always get a better deal if you pay cash. The show goes through Sunday, and if you can't make it this time, you can check it out again from July 13th-18th or September 7th-12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment