My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Brief Moment of Glamour


Recently, I was honored to be asked to be a "mom blogger" for TLC's new (yet to be officially named) parenting blog that is launching next month. I am really excited about this opportunity and it's going to be a great place for me to combine my experience as a designer, a parent, and my last job before becoming a writer as a buyer for a children's boutique. I am thrilled to be able to dive back into the fun world of kidstuff and share my trials, tribulations and successes as a parent as well as the coolest new products on the market.
Last Thursday I got a call to see if I could bring my kids to New York for a photo shoot for TLC. It was short notice-we needed to be there Sunday- and I had a busy Saturday already planned, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity so at 6 a.m. on Sunday I loaded the kids (and my mom who I am forever indebted to) into the car and we headed to the city for the shoot.
I am not the type to wear make-up and you are lucky if you've caught me with my hair any which way but in a ponytail. In fact, I could not be more low maintenance. My husband really has no idea how lucky he has it. I digress...anyway, after an hour in hair, make-up and wardrobe, we had our still photos shot. Above is a sneak peak at some of them. Following that, I was interviewed on camera and then the kids came in to join me in the interview and some additional footage was taken of us playing.
I have worked on my fair share of photo shoots, although rarely as the subject, and there is a LOT that goes into every photo you see in every magazine, catalog, or television spot. It was so amazing to get to work with a high end crew that kept things moving and made everyone feel so comfortable. A few years, maybe even months ago, I would have been a nervous wreck to do this sort of thing, but while I doubt there is a future in television for me, I was amazed at how calm and comfortable I was throughout the day. And I surprisingly kind of really want to have someone follow me around doing my hair and make-up and touching it up every 5 minutes from now on.
This year I've committed myself to saying "YES" to every opportunity that comes my way. What do I have to lose, right? I don't know if our still or video shots will end up being used or not, and it's actually one of those things that I'll probably be lucky if I even catch them in action if they are, but it was a great experience for both myself and my kids. So keep an eye out, let me know if you see them, and just say "Yes". So far, it's been a great year, and I think there is lots more good to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment