My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Friday, July 16, 2010

Etsy Pick of the Week: Wallpaper or Wall Decal?

By now, everyone has probably seen the craze of using vinyl wall decals in rooms. I have mixed feelings about them. On the one hand, they certainly are easy to install and add a new dimension to a room, particularly in a rental or somewhere you can't paint, but on the other hand, I feel like everyone and their mother has jumped on the vinyl wall decal bandwagon and most of them are pretty similar to the next. I have a giraffe wallpaper cutout on my daughter's wall and feel like it somehow has a bit of a different effect because it's wallpaper and not a decal, but really it's a fairly similar look. In any event, I was pleasantly surprised to find a vinyl wall decal that was refreshingly different than the rest of what's out there on Etsy this week.

Paisley Doilies

Etsy store, Byrdie Graphics' one of kind larger scale decals are available in sets (quantity per set varies depending on size of the design) so that you can create the look of wallpaper. Each design is available in several colors and because they are going on your wall, your wall color adds another dimension making the design truly custom to only you.

Bloom

I think this concept is really great for anyone who wants to try wallpaper but is afraid too. I happen to LOVE wallpaper, but it is definitely not a simple decision in choosing which one to go with. This takes a little bit of that stress away and is WAY easier to install. Shabby Floral Flock Damask

I also like that you can vary the direction of the decals to create and even more unique pattern and you can adjust the distance between decals for the perfect ration to fit your space.

Mod Squares

So if you like wallpaper, but aren't allowed to hang it or don't want to make the commitment, I'd say give this a shot. The designs are appealing, the installation is simple, and you'll have an entirely new look to your space. What do you have to lose?

1 comment:

  1. oooh I love this idea...might be the answer for my boring powder room... ;-)

    ReplyDelete