My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Customize Your Play Set

For my son's birthday last month, we got him a slide set, but I hated the standard issue cover that came for the tower part and decided to have my husband, who works for a sailmaker, make a sailcloth cover. I originally envisioned a more modern white sail with blue numbers on it, but he found an old blue canvas sail and decided to use that which works well too. But it got me to thinking about why we settle for the same old thing that maybe works, but isn't the most attractive thing we've seen instead of really making this otherwise not very exciting, but very large item in our yard really fun visually. There are so many fabulous outdoor fabrics out there, why not use them on our play sets! Here are a few that I think would look pretty phenomenal.
Keep in mind that these covers will only last a few years so you will have to replace them every once in a while, but I think if you bring them in during the winter, you could probably extend the life by quite a bit. I think the bigger and brighter the print, the better on these so don't settle for standard issue boring. Customize your play set!

No comments:

Post a Comment