My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com/'> http://chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
	
	 
	

Friday, October 8, 2010

One Year of Chateau & Bungalow

This door at the entry of Vanderbilt Hall, a luxury Newport hotel, caught my eye as I was walking past it this morning. I love the door knockers and the deep green color of the door. I'm sure part of it is because it's one of the things that I loved the most about the house I grew up in which also had the lion's head door knocker and dark green door. It's a striking combination. The entire entry (below) of the hotel was looking crisp and fall-ish, but sophisticated at the same time. Don't be afraid to use rich, sophisticated colors like this. It makes all your seasonal decorations stand out even more.
Also, today is the one year blogiversary of Chateau & Bungalow. I'm really having fun with it and have enjoyed all the feedback I've gotten from all of you. A year ago, when I started this blog, it was a way for me to have a creative outlet while I was unemployed and staying at home with my two kids. Never would I have guessed that it would lead to a new career as a writer/editor. I'm now writing for multiple media outlets, but I am still committed to building Chateau & Bungalow into a much bigger business and hope to be offering products to you all as well. Thanks so much for reading and I would so appreciate it if you share your favorite posts with your networks. I'd also love to hear what some of your favorite posts have been. Was it the color your own wallpaper, the book shelf styling, architectural fences, 18th Century Colonial Renovation? There are 150 posts to choose from! Thanks for a great first year, and here's to many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment